I love to show how easy it is to make 100% natural versions of products you may see in commercial stores. Here is a fun project for gifts, for kids on a snow day, or for some self care! This recipe is for Lavender Sugar Scrub. You will need a mixing bowl or 1 cup Pyrex measuring glass, a stir stick or old spoon, some measuring spoons, as well as a container to put the finished product in.
You can substitute Oils as needed. Instead of using all of the different oils in the recipe - you can use all of one - depending on what you have available.
- 2 Tbsp Sweet Almond Oil (I get mine from Bulk Apothecary, link HERE)
- 1 Tbsp Avocado Oil (I get mine from New Directions Aromatics, link HERE)
- 1 Tsp Olive Oil
- 1 Tsp Calendula Oil (I get mine from Starwest Botanicals, link HERE)
- 10 Drops of Glycerine (I get mine from New Directions Aromatics, link HERE)
- 10 Drops VIT E Oil (I get mine from Starwest Botanicals, link HERE)
- 20 Drops Organic Lavender Essential Oil (I use Starwest Botanicals, link HERE)
Mix all of the ingredients above in your mixing bowl, then add between 1/3 cup, and 1/2 cup of Organic Cane Sugar. Stir well until sugar is saturated. Move to your container for storing or gifting. If it seems like it need a bit more oil - pour a bit more on top. Sprinkle your dried Lavender Flowers (Starwest, link HERE), and voila! Perfect to use in the bath or shower!